Stepping Stones Class
Are you recovering from surgery, illness, injury, or managing a chronic condition?
Our Stepping Stones exercise class, as featured on East Coast FM is run by our Chartered Physiotherapists. It is designed to help you return to normal activities of everyday living and functional fitness. It is a class where like minded people exercise in a social environment. Our aim is to help you feel better in both body and mind.
- Post knee or hip replacement
- Post shoulder surgery
- Post C-section
- Recovering from an illness
- Rehabilitating an injury
- Cancer care or recovery
- Depression due to points above
Please enquiry if your issue is not listed and want to find out more.
In addition to Pilates exercises and principles, we also use circuit style functional exercises to help give you the skills and confidence to participate in a more enjoyable active lifestyle.
We can help you with balance issues, to get up and down in a chair with ease, climb a set of stairs, or give you the strength and confidence to manage your chronic condition more comfortably, whatever your difficulty we would like to help you.
- Education on recommended fitness levels, goal setting, motivation & mindfulness.
- Supportive social environment to exercise and feel better.
- Course delivered by our Chartered Physiotherapist & Sports Rehabilitation Therapist.
- Specialist training in breast cancer “Pink Ribbon” Pilates
- Class suitable for those recovering from surgery, illness, injury or for those managing chronic conditions.
Remedy’s Pre Class Consultation is compulsory prior to joining any group class.
“I came to Remedy Pilates following a number of years of ill health including breast cancer and back surgery. I had developed lymphoedema in my arm and could barely lift it to my head. I did a number of individual classes where specific exercises were identified for me and after a number of weeks I joined the general class. Two years later I have full movement in my arm, my back is flexible and I am pain free. I have Rachael and Emer to thank for that. I would highly recommend Remedy both as a prevention and cure for all joint and muscular problems”
Get in contact with us